The PADI Open Water Diver Course allows you to discover new adventures, and see the wondrous world beneath the waves. This is where it starts!
The PADI Open Water Diver Course is the most popular scuba course, and has introduced millions of people to the adventurous world of diving and it’s lifestyle.
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible! You breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget), and teaches you all you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you’ll make at least five confined water dives and four dives at local dive sites under the direct supervision of your PADI Instructor.
What you learn
- How much fun scuba diving is.
- Scuba diving equipment considerations for your local diving environment.
- How to plan, and execute actual dives.
- How to prevent and manage problems.
The PADI Open Water Diver Course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development to understand basic principles of scuba diving.
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills.
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore dive sites.
If you’ve tried diving through a Discover Scuba Diving experience, the skills you have learned may be accredited towards a portion of the full PADI Open Water Diver course certification.
PADI Open Water Diver Course
- Duration: 3 – 5 days.
- Contents: 5 Knowledge Development sessions, 5 confined open water dives, 4 open water dives.
- Requirements: Swimmer.
- Minimum age: 10 years.